Slogans are memorable phrases that are used to capture the attention of an audience and rally support for a cause. For over two decades, the American Cancer Society’s (ACS) Relay for Life has been using slogans as a way to inspire hope and raise funds for cancer research.
Some of the most popular Relay for Life slogans include “hope is powerful,” “cancer sucks,” and “we can’t stop until cancer does.” While each slogan is unique, they all share a common goal: to remind those affected by cancer that they are not alone in their fight. In addition to raising morale, these slogans also help to raise much-needed funds for research and treatment. Thanks to the power of slogans, the ACS has been able to make significant progress in the fight against cancer.
Table of Contents
Important Factors to write Relay for Life Slogans
Slogans are very important for Relay for Life event. They are one of the best ways to raise awareness about cancer and encourage people to get involved in the fight against the disease. However, creating a catchy and effective slogan is not always easy. Here are a few things to keep in mind when writing Relay for Life Slogans:
- Keep it simple: A good slogan should be short, sweet, and to the point. People should be able to remember it easily and it should make them want to learn more about the event.
- Be positive: Cancer can be a tough topic to discuss, but it’s important to keep the message positive. Emphasize hope and empowerment, rather than despair and helplessness.
- Be Creative: A good slogan will stand out from the crowd. Think outside the box and come up with something unique that will grab people’s attention.
By following these tips, you can create an effective and memorable slogan that will help make your Relay for Life event a success.
Relay for life themes and slogans
- “Finish the Fight!”
- “One Mission. One Goal.”
- “Light the Night.”
- “Teamwork makes the dream work!”
- “We’re in it to end it.”
- “There’s Hope, so We Relay.”
- “Cancer Sucks, But We’re Kicking Its Butt!”
- “Don’t Quit, Keep Fighting!”
- Survivorship is our goal!”
- “More Birthdays!”
- relayin’ to find a cure”
- hope floats”
- keep calm and relay on”
- time to take our turn”
- remember, reflect, renew”
- shooting for a cure”
- running to a cure”
- swimming to a cure” riding to a cure” walking (or strolling) to a cure”
- puttin’ cancer on hold”
- battles lost, wars won.”
Relay for life slogan ideas
- A Cure is worth the Miles
- Attack cancer like a Boss
- Believe in a world without cancer
- Cancer can’t keep us down
- Carpe diem-Seize the day
- Chasing a cure
- Come Together to fight cancer
- Conquer cancer-One step at a time
- Do it for a cure
- Fight like a warrior
- For those affected by cancer
- For the cure
- From survivors to thrivers
- Hope walks
- In it together
- In the fight of our life’s
- let’s take cancer down
- Miller Stronger Together
- No one fights alone
- Relay for life-Celebrate, Remember, Fight Back!
- Looking for more ideas? Try these:
- Stand Up To Cancer
- Take cancer down
- There’s no finish line until we find a cure
- United against cancer
- We are Stronger than cancer
- We will never give up
- When you can’t run, walk
- You’re not alone
- Your voice matters
Tagline for relay life
- Relay for life: because every step counts.
- Relay for life: because together, we can make a difference.
- Relay for life: because cancer doesn’t take a break.
- Relay for life: because hope never sleeps.
- Relay for life: because families fight back.
- Relay for life: because courage doesn’t take a day off.
- Relay for life: because we believe in miracles.
- Relay for life: because every survivor is a story of hope.
- Relay for life: because cancer doesn’t discriminate.
- Relay for life: because united, we stand strong.
- Relay for life: because this is our time to shine a light on cancer.
- Relay for life: because cancer doesn’t take a vacation
- Relay for life: because together, we are stronger than cancer!
- Relay for life: so that one day, cancer will be nothing more than a bad memory
- “The relay begins when the sun sets and the fun never stops!”
- “We walk so that others may run.”
- “Cancer walks… but we will make sure it doesn’t run.”
- “Every step brings us closer to a cure.”
- “And they said it couldn’t be done… ”
- “So many reasons to walk… Just one to fight!”
- Join the fight against cancer… one step at a time!
- One community… One goal… One Night!
- Fundraise like your life depended on it!
- The only limit is your imagination!
Tagline example for relay life
- “The only way to win is to never give up!”
- “If at first you don’t succeed, try, try again!”
- “There’s no ‘I’ in ‘team’, but there is in ‘win’!”
- “Teamwork makes the dream work!”
- “We’re in it to win it!”
- “Coming together is a beginning; keeping together is progress; working together is success.” – Henry Ford
- “The strength of the team is each individual member. The strength of each member is the team.” – Phil Jackson
- “Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence win championships.” – Michael Jordan
- “It’s not about how hard you hit. It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving.” – Rocky Balboa
- “winners never quit and quitters never win.” – Vince Lombardi
- “A champion is simply someone who did not give up when they wanted to.” – Marva Collins
- “I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying”- Michael Jordan
- “You have to be able to accept failure to get better.”- LeBron James
- “Nobody who ever gave his best regretted it.”- George Halas
- “push yourself because no one else is going to do it for you.”- Unknown
- “Set your goals high, and don’t stop till you get there .”- Bo Jackson
- “The more difficult the victory , the greater the happiness in winning .”- Pele
- “A winner never quits and a quitter never wins .”- Vince Lombardi
- “There are no shortcuts–everything is reps, reps, reps” –Arnold Schwarzenegger
- “Of course it’s hard It’s supposed to be hard If it were easy everybody would do it Hard Is what makes it Great” –Tom Hanks
- “Every morning we are born again What we do today matters most” –Unknown
- “Your time is limited Don’t waste It living someone else’s life” – Steve Jobs
Importance of having good Relay for Life Slogans
A good slogan is like a catchy tune- it’s easy to remember and it sticks in your head. That’s why having a good Relay for Life Slogans team is so important. It’s a way to show your support for the cause and get people interested in what you’re doing. Plus, it’s a great way to get people excited about participating in the event. So if you’re looking for some inspiration, here are a few of our favorite Relay for Life slogans.
- “Join the fight. Join the cure.”
- “Saving lives one step at a time.”
- “Fighting cancer from every angle.”
- “Relay for life- because cancer never sleeps.”
These are just a few examples, but there are endless possibilities when it comes to choosing a slogan for your team. The important thing is to choose something that you’re passionate about and that will get people fired up about supporting your relay team. With a little creativity, you can come up with the perfect slogan that will have everyone talking about your team.
As you can see, there are many different ways to approach Relay For Life slogans. You can go for a more general slogan that encompasses the event’s purpose or message, or you could get creative and come up with something funny or inspiring. Whichever route you choose, it’s important to make sure your slogan is memorable and easy to remember so people will be more likely to spread the word about your event. Have any of you ever participated in a Relay For Life event? If so, what was your favorite slogan?